1.Personal information collected by the Company The Company collects the following personal information in Familyinn:
- Information obtained at the time of account registration for Familyinn, such as customer’s email address and contact information of third-party services like LINE.
- Information registered by the customer on their profile and property listing pages.
- Identity verification documents designated by the Company, such as identification cards, passports, visas, and driver’s licenses.
- Facial photographs used for customer identity verification.
- Payment information necessary for making payments to customers and receiving payments from customers.
- Other information that customers provide to the Company voluntarily or at the Company’s request or publish on Familyinn.
- Customer’s IP address, Cookie information, and other online identifiers, as well as behavioral history on the Company’s website.
- The Company acquires information from third parties within the scope permitted by applicable laws for the purpose of investigating customer background, confirming identity, or exercising rights or fulfilling obligations under applicable laws or these Terms.
2.Purposes of using personal information The Company uses customers’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide Familyinn and related services (hereinafter referred to as “the Company’s Services”).
- To fulfill obligations and exercise rights as defined in these Terms or applicable laws.
- To determine whether a customer is a suitable or unsuitable host or guest.
- To make payments to customers and receive payments from customers.
- To confirm that customers are complying with applicable laws and provisions of these Terms in relation to the use of Familyinn.
- To communicate with customers as necessary for providing the Company’s Services.
- To provide information related to the Company’s Services to customers.
- To investigate customer background and confirm their identity within the scope permitted by these Terms.
- To resolve disputes between customers or third parties.
- To confirm and analyze visitor countries and traffic sources using online identifiers such as IP addresses.
- To use Cookie information for authentication purposes on the Company’s website.
- To analyze customer usage and utilize the results for improving and developing the Company’s Services.
- For purposes individually notified to customers by the Company or for which individual consent has been obtained from customers.
- For other purposes permitted by applicable laws.
3.Provision of personal information to third parties The Company may provide customers’ personal information to third parties in the following cases:
- The Company publishes the customer’s profile information set to public upon registration and other profile information required to be disclosed to hosts by the Company’s rules on Familyinn, other Company websites, and third-party services used for advertising and promoting Familyinn.
- The Company provides hosts with the name, profile, and information consented to by guests who have submitted reservation requests.
- The Company provides information such as the host’s chat contact information, address, family composition, photos of the inside of the house, desired guest characteristics, host service fees, and information consented to by the host to guests who have submitted reservation requests and passed the Company’s review.
- If a contract is established between the host and the guest, the Company shares contact information and detailed address information necessary for communication and provision of host services between the host and the guest.
- The Company may provide personal information to its outsourcing partners (including those located outside Japan) within the scope necessary for the performance of outsourced work
- The Company may provide personal information to third parties such as courts, police, law enforcement agencies, government agencies, tax authorities, etc., when required by law, in cases of mergers or other business successions, or in other cases permitted by applicable laws.
- In addition to the above, the Company may provide customers’ personal information to third parties with individual consent from customers.
Management of personal information
The Company takes necessary and appropriate measures to prevent leakage, loss, or damage of personal information and conducts necessary and appropriate supervision of its employees and contractors handling personal information.
For requests for disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, suspension of use, erasure, or suspension of third-party provision of personal information handled by the Company, or for questions, complaints, or inquiries regarding the Company’s handling of personal information, please contact one of the following:
Familyinn Corporation (2-2-14 Kami-Takaido, Suginami-ku, Tokyo 168-0074, Japan) Email: email@example.com
Last updated: May 4, 2023